The Royal Wedding – Jerusalem (HD) (29 April 2011)

March 8, 2012 by Chelsy

Uploading this as the moment was inspiring even to this American! Besides, the BBC’s coverage lacked the camera shots of the pride-filled English crowds outside — and if you ask me, that was the true high point of it. Jerusalem by William Blake and Charles HH Parry as performed at the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton NOTE: It seems all American viewers were fed mono audio of the occasion. (Hello, 1951?!) But you can see this same moment in glorious STEREO here: www.youtube.com … albeit without the cutaway American viewers saw to the crowds outside.

Comments

23 Responses to “The Royal Wedding – Jerusalem (HD) (29 April 2011)”
  1. bagcbag says:

second verse:?
    Bring me my bow of burning gold!
    Bring me my arrows of desire!
    Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
    Bring me my chariot of fire!
    I will not cease from mental fight,
    Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
    Till we have built Jerusalem
    In England’s green and pleasant land.

2. bagcbag says:

the first verse of this “anthem for England”

And did those feet in ancient time
    Walk upon England’s mountains green?
    And was the Holy Lamb of God
    On England’s pleasant pastures seen?
    And did the countenance divine
    Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
    And was Jerusalem builded here
    Among? these dark satanic mills?

3. gifromeo says:

SPLENDID!!!
    ?

4. TheFatmat5 says:

@SuzLa1 Just? out of curiosity,, Which party are you in favour of?

5. SuzLa1 says:

@dawidjoseph05 That doesn’t make any sense to me.?

6. dawidjoseph05 says:

NHS ? bigger shit than health services of post-communist states in? Eastern Europe

7. pb4lyf says:

This brings? back the past.

8. Biamedici says:

I’m an American who found this to? be the most touching moment of the wedding. To see all those British outside the Abbey, singing this beautiful hymn (long one of my favorites) and waving their flags, made me wish for just a moment that my ancestors had stayed in England. If I’d been British, then no matter what I thought of the monarchy, I think watching this might have moved me to tears.

9. sunonthewindow says:

Elton John is reading the words!? I mean, come on. I’m a New Zealander and I know Jerusalem by heart! Can’t I have the knighthood instead?

10. SuzLa1 says:

@edj66 I think it’s funny how people fall for propaganda when all the things they complain about are caused by the right wingers. They would sell off our country if it made? them money. They sold off public owned companies to other countries. Conservatives love immigration, then others get the blame for it when they have to include immgrants because of Conservatives actions. The Conservatives took away the free eye tests for old people that fought in the war. They couldn’t care about people.

11. SuzLa1 says:

I’m left wing because I’m proud of our NHS, want money put into education and public services. The Conservatives want everybody to suffer so their donors and the few at the top can have all the money. It’s nothing to do with not being proud of our country. The original socialists were already fighting for social reform such as fair working conditions. The Conservatives fought against a minimum wage because they like cheap foreign labour. They would sell off our country if it made them money.?

12. huwwilson651 says:

God Save Her? Majesty Queen Elizabeth II!! God Save the Queen!!

13. Crintingnut says:

I’m not a Brit but I love singing this piece. We happened to be in Hue, the day of the wedding, and it? provided a welcome digression from the heat and noise outside.

14. SparkleFairy162 says:

Proud? to be British watching this

15. SonofDurgesuth says:

@TheGuyThatSpysOnYou
    I guess you would rather watch Spongebob square pants by your childish? tripe

16. huwwilson651 says:

@DinoWmn Sorry to be disrespectful to your views (and I hope? you don’t think I am) but nobody died to be classed a citizen rather than a subject – it is inconsequential. Citizen/subject – in today’s day an age, it doesn’t matter. It’s a figure of speech, not a vindication of subservience. It’s so trivial, it’s barely worth talking about!

17. huwwilson651 says:

@TheGuyThatSpysOnYou A little lonely on that high horse? there! LOL! No thumbs up..

18. edj66 says:

@dunney97 Most of it is, you just don’t see the mainsteam media showing anything about it because the leftwing apologist people in charge don’t like the idea of the English being proud of their? country (the Scottish/Welsh are allowed though).

19. edj66 says:

@TheGuyThatSpysOnYou And yet you come and? comment on this video? And you’re talking about pointless?

20. Villa7687 says:

America? got NOTHIN on this shindig

21. valarmanwe says:

@millersofkent93 It`s a song? by the English Poet William Blake ( as was ), and it`s called, “Jerusalem.”

22. TheGuyThatSpysOnYou says:

Thumbs up if you didnt watch the wedding because you were too busy actually? doing something with your day instead of watching this pointless shite!

23. dunney97 says:

I love Britain? <3 Why is it not more patriotic?